Friday, January 7, 2011

My Walmart Trip: $18.16 For $50.03 Worth Of Groceries


It's been awhile since I posted a shopping trip.........life and holidays have a way of interrupting. =0)  But, today was a good day for shopping (yesterday was even better when I scored 2 full bags of produce plus 2 bags of potatoes and a bag of onions for around $13 at a local store's 13 hour sale).  Anyways, I sneaked down to Walmart today while the kids were at school and ended up only spending $18.16 for $50.03 worth of groceries.

I took advantage of the after Christmas sale and saved a total of $4.13 on my purchases.  I used coupons to save an additional $18.26 and I happened to stumble across a red-tagged cart of clearanced items (marked down 50%) to save $9.40.  Last but least I ad matched an item to save $0.08.   I know $0.08 right?  I had already planned to ad match the item to another store so that I could score if for FREE with a coupon.........I didn't know that Walmart was only selling it for only $0.08 more. =0)

Here is a breakdown of my trip:

Christmas wrapping paper- $2.50 marked down to $0.62- will use it for wrapping birthday presents.

3 Baby Bottle Pops- $1/each marked down to $0.25/each- I like to surprise the kids sometimes on Friday to celebrate the end of the week.

Box of Green Mountain K-cups- $9.88 marked down to $4.94.

Lg. container of Planters Nuts- $5.98 marked down to $2.96.

Bag of cinnamon/white chocolate kettlecorn- $2.87 marked down to $1.43- this stuff is addicting!

Box of pasta- FREE after coupon.

1 box of Swiss Miss Cocoa w/marshmallows and 1 box of Swiss Miss Cocoa with colored marshmallows (my kids have been begging for this)- $0.52 Money Maker after using 2 of the $2 Swiss Miss coupons I posted earlier.

2 Yakisobas- $0.02/each after using 2-$0.50 coupons from the Sunday inserts- my husband takes these to work to keep in his office.

4 containers of Athenos Greek yogurt- FREE after using 2 of the $2/2 coupons that I posted earlier.

Schick Razor with 3 replacement blades- $3.98 after using a $2 coupon from the Sunday inserts.

2 Boxes of Rice Crispies - $1.82/each after a $2/2 printable coupon (no longer available)......plus there was a coupon on the cereal to get a FREE bag of marshmallows when you purchase 2 boxes.

Bag of marshmallows- FREE from coupon on the Rice Crispies cereal.

1 Bottle of spicy mustard- $0.32 after $1/1 coupon from the Sunday inserts.

Paper Cutter- FREE after coupon (found the coupons several years ago and they had no expiration dates)

Have you found any good deals lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment