Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How Are You Filling Your Easter Baskets?


Are you still working on filling your Easter baskets?  I have three kids to fill baskets for + 1 husband (we make baskets for each other).   So, I love to get creative and look for inexpensive ways to celebrate the holidays. No need for buyer's remorse here. =0)  

Most of the candy I will be putting in the baskets I received for FREE by matching coupons (no longer available) to sales.  I have also included toys that I got for next to nothing like the Crayola Color Wonder sets (Walgreen's deal ~ travel set matched with coupon) and travel sized games (matched with Hasbro coupons.....not to mention the FREE pizza).

I even picked up a few toys on clearance after Christmas and used some of my Swag Bucks to get a couple of books for my boys and astronaut ice cream for everyone.  And one of my best kept secrets.........I purchased my daughter's book from her Scholastic book order from school.  They often have $1 books and purchasing from them helps her classroom earn FREE books. =0)

If you are looking for a last minute filler for your basket, I found this idea on another blog, The Krazy Coupon Lady.  I thought it was a super cute and creative idea to fill an Easter basket with (I just might do it myself).  They gave their kids a FREE Redbox rental and used 123certificates.com to make a certificate for it.  The total cost is just $1 (for the rental) when the kids turn in their certificate for their FREE movie rental. 

I would love to hear how you are filling your Easter baskets.  Did you score any HOT deals or make something super cute?

0 comments:

Post a Comment