Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How We Are Saving Money At Disneyland- The Rainforest Cafe


We are planning a trip to Disneyland this December so I have been looking for ways to cut down on the cost.  Eating out while you are traveling can take a big chunk of change!   We normally only eat breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner plus snacks when we are traveling (too busy having fun) which can help cut down on your food budget. Some places are actually cheaper to eat lunch at than dinner so if you can, hit those restaurants at lunch time.  As we get ready for our trip, I will be sharing my secrets and tips on how to save money when you are on vacation!


Thanks to my sister I found out that in Disneyland's vicinity is a Rainforest Cafe.  I heard that this is a fun place to eat and shop so of course I want to go there.  Being frugal though I had to figure out how to do it without breaking the bank.

Here is how we will be eating there as a family of 5:

I turned in my points from Mypoints (a reward program for shopping, taking surveys, and reading emails, plus I earn points for submitting Buzz Reports through BzzAgent) and I received a $50 gift card to the Rainforest Cafe (and family of restaurants) for FREE!!!!

I know that a $50 gift card is not going to cover an entire meal for a family of 5 so I looked for other ways to save.  I checked out Rainforest Cafe's website and I discovered that they have a kid's reward program.  There are 4 different reward certificates that you can print out and have your kids complete.  Bring those certificates in with you and your child can get a kid's meal for only $0.99!!! Kid's meals run from $5.99 to $6.99 so that is a big savings, especially if you have a few kids. =0)  These are valid for kids 10 or younger with a purchase of an adult entree and are limited to 2 per table.  Which works for me because I have two kids 10 or younger.  I also have a kid who is 11. ......maybe we will share a meal.  That's another idea.  I can never seem to eat an entire meal myself- it just seems that most restaurants serve huge meals and I am usually full after the salad! =0)

If you live near a Rainforest Cafe, you can also sign up for the Safari Club and save even more.  Plus, you get a $10 reward for just signing up.  Too bad you can't do it online. =0(

Do you have any tips?  I would love to hear them.

Check out this other post on Disneyland:
Our Trip To Disneyland In December

0 comments:

Post a Comment