Here are my secrets to making this cake-
1. I found a picture online that I thought I could handle and I saved it to my paint program.
2. I enlarged the picture to fit the cake and printed it out and then drew the balloon and block myself.
3. I cut out the pictures and layed them on the iced cake (I froze the cake before hand to make it easier).
4. I used a toothpick to trace around the pictures and then lifted off the paper very carefully.
5. I used the same toothpick to make my inside lines (belt, eyes, etc.)
6. I made my frosting colors and then "filled in the lines."
7. I then used black writing icing to outline the character/toys (and make his mouth) and add detail lines.
8. I added extra detail to make it special (my son's intials and age).