Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guest Post: Chocolate & Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods.........AKA Heaven's Wand!


Visions of sugar plums...

Around these parts (by parts, I mean my head) we (and by we I mean I) call them chocolate covered pretzels. It's as close as I can get to sugar plums, okay! Don't judge me 'cause I mess with tradition! :)

A friend brought these to me a few years ago at Christmas time. I seriously thought I had died, did not pass go, and went straight to heaven.

They are that good.

I had to make them the following year to get myself some bosom-buddy friends. I was so close to not delivering any, on account of dirtying every spoon in the house just to "check" the caramel as it was cooking.

I'm salivating just writing this.

Without further ado, and to keep my keyboard dry...here's the recipe.  It's from Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Chocolate and Caramel Dipped Pretzel Rods. Though, personally, I think she should name them Heaven's Wand, or something more appropriate. But that's just me.

Just as a little disclaimer, Mel (not to be confused with Mel...or Melinda) has no idea who I am and is not sending me a Bosch or even Heaven on a Stick for writing this little blurb. But if you feel so inclined, and want to have a bosom friend...I can get you my address. ;)

By the way, what's a sugar plum?

Merry Christmas, folks!

-Dana

Dana is a wonderful SAHM to 6 beautiful kids (I am not just saying that because they are my nieces and nephews.......its just true).  Besides using her time to home school the gang and tempt me with yummy treats, she also blogs about life at Dyer Dance.      Thank you Dana for writing this post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment