Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Candy Themed Birthday Invitations And "Happy Birthday" Banner (Craft Project)


"A Kid in a Candy Store" was the theme of my daughter's 7th birthday recently.  Which I found out wasn't the easiest to find decorations or invitations for, so I made my own.

I love the look of the old bubble gum machines and I was excited when I found this picture online to use for her invitations.  I just copied and pasted it into my paint program.


I adjusted the size of the picture until it fit on half of a sheet of paper.  I then printed it out on "gumball" colored stock paper for the top part of the invitation.  (I flipped the papers over so that I was able to print 2 gumball machines on each piece of paper and I ended up with 7 different colored invitations.)

For the second part of the invitation, I went back into the paint program and erased the "gumballs" and other lines and inserted the party information in using the text feature.  I also included the theme at the bottom of the machine.  I then attached the front to the back using a brass fastener at the top.

For the "Happy Birthday" banner I found another picture online (of course for the life of me I can't find it again ~ just google candy clipart).  I copied and pasted the picture into the paint program again to work with it.


The candy was originally a peppermint candy with lines that I erased so that I could have a blank piece of candy to write on (I did that part by hand).  I printed the pieces of candy out on the same colors of card stock that I used for the invitations.

I used tiny clothes pins (you can find them at any craft store) to hang the candies from a string that I hung across the wall.

Be sure to come back on Monday and see what candy crafts we did at the party.

*To see a bigger picture just click on the picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment